Assisted stretching in Barcelona
Assisted stretching, also known as passive stretching, is a technique that combines the PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) method and conscious breathing to maximise the benefits of stretching with the help of a therapist.
In this individual session, our team of Osteopaths Pilates instructors and massage therapists can all assist you through a series of movements, helping you to achieve greater flexibility and muscle relaxation.
Our passive stretching centre
At Simply Be Pilates, an English and Spanish speaking Pilates center in Barcelona, we offer individual passive stretching sessions.
Our aim is to provide a therapeutic experience that promotes flexibility and overall wellbeing. At our passive stretching center in Barcelona, we have a team of professionals who are highly trained in various stretching and relaxation techniques.
We understand that each person is unique and has specific needs. Therefore, we adapt our sessions to the individual needs of each student.
Assisted stretching classes we offer
At SimplyBePilates, our experienced team offer passive stretches focusing on different parts of the body such as: Passive stretching ares such as; hamstrings, dorsal, lumbar, quadriceps, calves….
Benefits of passive assisted stretching
The benefits of assisted stretching are numerous:
- Firstly, it helps improve posture by relieving muscle tension and imbalances. As muscles stretch and relax, stiffness and tension is releases. In addition, compression in the joints is reduced, allowing the body to move and ajust, promoting correct alignment.
- Assisted stretching reduces muscle soreness and stiffness.
- Use of the PNF technique: This technique involves sequential contraction and relaxation of the targeted muscles while stretching, which helps to improve flexibility and range of motion.
- Another important benefit of stretching is increased mobility. Muscles become more flexible and joints gain range of motion.
- It can also help reduce stress and promote deep relaxation. During the session, the importance of conscious breathing is emphasized and a calm and relaxing sensation is experienced.